It has been an insane week, multiple tests, my daughter’s spring break week, an urgent care visit… I really wouldn’t wish this week on anyone. So I’ve been unwinding myself with a Sakura Latte all this week. If you are unfamiliar with Sakura (Cherry Blossom) taste.. it’s a light, airy, and floral taste that embodies Spring in Japan.
Every Spring in Japan, there are numerous products from Canada Dry to KitKats using Sakura Flavor but my personal favorite is Starbucks Sakura Flavored Beverages. I’ve begun to crave it so much that I recreated my own personal recipe. Interesting enough, it’s close to the taste, but it’s not perfect. However I’m pretty happy about it.
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 TBSP of Cherry Blossom Extract
- 2 drops of Red Food Coloring (to give syrup a pinkish color)
- Place sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir to combine.
- Bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat.
- Add Cherry Blossom Extract and Food Coloring
- Reduce heat and simmer until sugar is completely dissolved and syrup is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer syrup to a container with a tightfitting lid, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 1 TSP of Sakura Simple Syrup
- 1/2 of White Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1 Cup of Milk
- In A Coffee Cup, Mix together White Hot Chocolate Mix and Sakura Simple Syrup
- Heat and Froth Milk until the Top of the Milk Foams
- Add to Coffee Cup
- And Enjoy